Based in Brisbane, Australia
Hand of Fate 2 tells the story of the Dealers defeat, return and revenge. As in the original Hand of Fate, adventurers explore a dark fantasy world built from collectible cards distributed by a magical dealer in a meta-board game. Each overturned card reveals trials including third-person combat, high-risk high-reward minigames and Dungeons and Dragons-style decision making.
Hand of Fate 2 is the sequel to Defiant Development's hit title from 2015. The original Hand of Fate has more than 1.9 million downloads across PC, Xbox One and PS4. Hand of Fate was produced through the combined generosity of Screen Australia and more than 1,300 Kickstarter backers. Defiant Development was one of the first Australian developers to find success on Kickstarter, closing out its campaign with over $50,000 in backer funding.
- a brand new map based meta-game, brimming with exciting new challenges
- adopt new combat styles like dual-wielding, and heft two-handed heavy arms
- engage new foes united by all-new card suits. Cross swords with the well-trained Imperial forces of the Steel Suit, or strike down the corrupted mutants of Blight
- team up with companion characters who provide combat support, mini-game perks and who can influence the player's story in unpredictable ways
Hand of Fate 2 Story Trailer YouTube
Defeating the Empress with PC Gamer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Studio of the Year, Australian Game Developer Awards" 2015
- "Hand of Fate 2 looks to continue the legacy of its predecessor. Those who fell in love with the original’s unique blend of table-top and action-adventure mechanics are for sure going to be interested in the sequel"
- Kevin Dunsmore, Website
- "Hand of Fate was one of the fantastic surprises last year, with yours truly awarding the game 4.5 stars out of 5. With over 1.9 million downloads, this indie hit is a card-based dungeon-crawler where the cards themselves represent the spaces and encounters in a dungeon. So here's another surprise: Defiant Development has just revealed Hand of Fate 2!."
- Nicholas Tan, Game Revolution
- "Hand of Fate might just be one of the most instantly-atmospheric games this reviewer has ever encountered"
- Chris Brown, Game Planet
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Defiant Development does allow the contents of this game to be published through video broadcasting services only with direct written permission from Defiant Development. Check at the bottom of this page for contact information.
Company Link #1
This link is a link that might be useful. You can check it out at somemusicsite.com.
About Defiant Development
Defiant Development is the Australian Brisbane-based developer behind 2015's surprise hit, Hand of Fate. The 20-person studio has previously developed Heroes Call and Ski Safari for mobile platforms, with the latter accumulating more than 120 million downloads.
More information on Defiant Development, our logo & relevant media are available here.