Based in Brisbane, Australia
Press / Business contact:
Defiant Development is the Australian Brisbane-based developer behind 2015's surprise hit, Hand of Fate. The 20-person studio has previously developed Heroes Call and Ski Safari for mobile platforms, with the latter accumulating more than 120 million downloads.
Defiant Development is formed from veteran console developers (from Pandemic, Irrational, THQ, Sega, Lionhead and more) combined with fresh talent.
Hand of Fate 2 Story Trailer YouTube
Hand of Fate Launch Trailer YouTube
Total Biscuit plays Hand of Fate YouTube
Jesse Cox plays Hand of Fate YouTube
There are far more images available for Defiant Development, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Studio of the Year, Australian Game Developer Awards" - 2015
- "Hand of Fate 2 looks to continue the legacy of its predecessor. Those who fell in love with the original’s unique blend of table-top and action-adventure mechanics are for sure going to be interested in the sequel"
- Kevin Dunsmore, Website
- "Hand of Fate was one of the fantastic surprises last year, with yours truly awarding the game 4.5 stars out of 5. With over 1.9 million downloads, this indie hit is a card-based dungeon-crawler where the cards themselves represent the spaces and encounters in a dungeon. So here's another surprise: Defiant Development has just revealed Hand of Fate 2!."
- Nicholas Tan, Game Revolution
- "Hand of Fate might just be one of the most instantly-atmospheric games this reviewer has ever encountered"
- Chris Brown, Game Planet
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Visual Effects Artist
Quality Assurance Lead
Jeff Van Dyck
Website Front End Developer
Website Backend Developer
Website Project Manager