Based in Brisbane, Australia
12 February, 2015
Beyond the thirteen gates at the end of the world, the game of life and death is played. Draw your cards, play your hand, and discover your fate. Hand of Fate is a hybrid roguelike/action-RPG/deck builder, in which the player builds a set of cards into a deck, which is then used to deal out the dungeon floors through which they adventure. Upon entering a combat, all of the cards the player has collected fly into their hands as fully modeled 3D assets, and combat begins.
Hand of Fate was produced through the combined generosity of Screen Australia and more than 1,300 Kickstarter backers. Defiant Development was one of the first Australian developers to find success on Kickstarter, closing out its campaign with over $50,000.
- Tabletop card game brought to vivid life
- A unique take on roguelike gameplay
- Visceral action-RPG combat
- Game changing gear and items make every playthrough unique
- Hundreds of encounters, items, armour, weapons, artifacts, and mysteries to unlock
- Unique deck building mechanics let you customise your own adventure, as you seek to defeat the Jack, Queen and King of each suit
- Discover the mysteries of the world of Hand of Fate, as you complete your collection
Launch Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "Defiant Deals a Winning Hand"
- Daniel Tack, Game Informer
- "Fun combat, solid roguelike dynamics, and an engrossing atmosphere make this one of the most compelling games on early access. And with the newly-introduced endless mode, there’s no limit to how deeply it can suck you in."
- Geoff Thew, Hardcore Gamer
- "...I highly recommend you start buckling yourself in and stocking up on non-perishable food items, because the awesomeness that is embodied in Hand of Fate is something akin to a beautiful apocalyptic light that will melt all who do not seek shelter."
- Nathaniel Liles, cliquist.com
- "To me, this seems like a no-brainer...seems like something that should have come out a lot sooner"
- Kris Gutheridge, 4playernetwork.com Podcast
- "Hand of Fate Coming to PS4, PS Vita"
- Kim Allom, Playstation Blog
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Defiant Development allows for the contents of Hand of Fate to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Hand of Fate is legally & explicitly allowed by Defiant Development. This permission can be found in writing at http://defiantdev.com/presskit/sheet.php?p=Hand%20of%20Fate.
About Defiant Development
Defiant Development is the Australian Brisbane-based developer behind 2015's surprise hit, Hand of Fate. The 20-person studio has previously developed Heroes Call and Ski Safari for mobile platforms, with the latter accumulating more than 120 million downloads.
More information on Defiant Development, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Hand of Fate Credits
Visual Effects Artist
Quality Assurance Lead
Jeff Van Dyck